Black Mold Remediation in Odessa, FL
We specialize in professionally repairing water damage and examining for black mold growth. When a disaster hits your property, we’ll thoroughly finish the job so that you never have to make a second call.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We reply swiftly, no matter what time it is, so the damage doesn’t get worse while you wait.
- Certified, trained technicians have the knowledge to carefully and proficiently take care of water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Our one-stop resolution includes building drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial measures.
- Progressive equipment and technology identifies the source and isolates the spot, preventing its spread.
What is Black Mold?
Every homeowner fears black mold. It is a toxin-producing fungus that slips in unnoticed, and then consumes the property. Mold is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the condition it needs to take root and multiply. Microscopic spores can lie dormant almost indeterminately, until they find dark, moist areas to stay in. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be lethal, damaging the well-being of both people and pets. It is part of a family of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as dangerous.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never delay calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go unseen for weeks, and then appear virtually overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your living space, it immediately breeds and discharges toxins that make life difficult for residents:
- Mold releases a pungent, mildewed odor that prevents rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold creates problems for allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause long-lasting inflammation and constant cold-like symptoms.
- People with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more extended the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally damp homes and offices can be subject to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion immediately.
If you want to eradicate mold, the setting where it flourishes must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any residual moisture must be carefully dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to close the tide. Moisture can soak out-of-sight areas of your home. Without proper cleanup methods, mold will keep returning to these spots.
What We Do
- We inspect the area and assess observable and hidden damage caused by water and mold, and what action should be taken to stop further damage.
- We contain the mold so that it can’t disperse to wider areas.
- We use sophisticated air filtration methods to eradicate spores from the air.
- We get rid of mold and any materials that have been infected with it, and then we treat the area with antimicrobial substances to kill what’s left.
- The Paul Davis team will clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes getting rid of that awful, musty odor.
- We restore the property to its pre-damaged state using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
While no procedure can guarantee that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as inhospitable to mold as possible.
Contact Paul Davis of Odessa right away. Whether it’s your home or business that has been conceded, our fast, detailed, skillfully trained technicians will turn back time on your water and mold damage. We’ll work work together to get things back to normal.